Amanda-Users

ghost disklist entries

2009-05-11 05:47:41
Subject: ghost disklist entries
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:37:16 +0100

(Amanda-2.6.0p1)

I’ve just noticed something peculiar while doing a test restore.  While using amrecover to set a host and a disk, then for two hosts I’ve got disklist entries being displayed which don’t exist anymore (in fact, they haven’t existed since January 09).  When doing a setdisk for either of those two disklist entries, and then doing an ‘ls’, the results are displayed with the date of ‘2009-01-16’…

Amadmin tells me:

$ amadmin daily disklist server /disk/list/entry

Argument '/disk/list/entry' matches neither a host nor a disk.

amadmin: no disk matched

This isn’t a massive problem for me at the moment (that I’m aware of, at least) because everything else seems to be the way I’d expect, but it does raise some concerns in terms of whether I’m getting accurate info back from Amanda and why or how this kind of thing would’ve happened.

I’d appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks.