Amanda-Users

Re: newbie question about xinetd need restart all the time

2009-05-05 05:30:22
Subject: Re: newbie question about xinetd need restart all the time
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 10:41:00 +0200
On 2009-05-05 01:30, jinghua AT ucsd DOT edu wrote:

  I just tried install amanda from source on a centos 5.3 machine.
  Centos didn't have xinetd. I installed both xinetd and amanda.
  But amanda only work after immediate xinetd restart. After a while,
  it complains about network access problem.

  Thank you for your insight on how to stablize xinetd for amanda.

I don't know where you got your CentOS from, but in mine the
xinetd is installed by default. Even in the basic, minimal installs.

And what are the "complains about network access problems"?
Exact error messages do help to debug, for the time that my crystal ball
is in the repair shop.

--
Paul Bijnens, Xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.525
Interleuvenlaan 86, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM          Fax  +32 16 397.552