Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Pre/Post script in Amanda 2.5.1 - posible?

2009-04-07 10:51:35
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Pre/Post script in Amanda 2.5.1 - posible?
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 10:44:27 -0400

Topper wrote:
Hello community,
I'm just first time starter with Amanda.
Due to machine limitation (kernel and software) we can't use the last vers 2.6.1
So we installed 2.5.1 works like a charm but now first operational problem:
We must issue prearhive command like "rcapplication stop". After 2 days read of wiki and howtos I managed to write script but there are many errors after amcheck config. My question is: Is it possible to use pre/post script in 2.5.1 anyhow?
If not - is it some workarrounds or we must use console scripts like
Code:
#bash
rcapp stop
su - amandabackup -c "amdump config"
rcapp start
Thanks in adv for any opinion.

You don't need to wrap the entire backup inside the stop and start of your other application.

See http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Backup_client#pre_and_post-_backup_scripts_.28wrappers.29 for how it can be done with Amanda 2.5.1. It still involves messing with the shell scripts, but you can have it so that it is specific to the individual client dumps. It all depends on your needs and what the application is that you are stopping and starting. Certainly, the script you show above is simple, and it could just be called from cron in place of calling amdump from cron. But the wiki explains how you can have a bit more detailed control.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator