Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Pre/Post script in Amanda 2.5.1 - posible?

2009-04-07 10:17:55
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Pre/Post script in Amanda 2.5.1 - posible?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:36:05 -0400
pre and post scripts are 2.6.1 features, it's not available in 2.5.1.

Jean-Louis

Topper wrote:
Hello community,
I'm just first time starter with Amanda.
Due to machine limitation (kernel and software) we can't use the last vers 2.6.1
So we installed 2.5.1 works like a charm but now first operational problem:
We must issue prearhive command like "rcapplication stop". After 2 days read of wiki and howtos I managed to write script but there are many errors after amcheck config. My question is: Is it possible to use pre/post script in 2.5.1 anyhow?
If not - is it some workarrounds or we must use console scripts like
Code:
#bash
rcapp stop
su - amandabackup -c "amdump config"