Amanda-Users

Re: Having problem using Amanda for permanent backup storage

2009-04-03 20:26:41
Subject: Re: Having problem using Amanda for permanent backup storage
From: Wojtek <wojteko AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:20:22 -0400
All right,

Let's say I configure a 2TB holding disk for amanda and I have 2
projects. If that holding disk contains folders from both projects,
will amanda know which one belongs to which before dumping?

Also, what changes do I need to make to my config file so my
incremental backups behave like real incremental, meaning if nothing
changes, nothing is written to tape/holding disk.

Thank You
-Wojtek