Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.1 leaving files on the dumpdisk

2009-02-27 15:00:29
Subject: Re: 2.6.1 leaving files on the dumpdisk
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:57:04 -0500
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:04:58AM -0500, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> > -rw------- 1 amanda amanda 32788 2009-02-24 22:42 pbuild3.wd0f.0
> >
> > Shouldn't the nightly backup be deleting these files, and the parent
> > directory? I am fairly certain that in the past, a failed backup did not
> > result in an orphan directory on the dumpdisk.
>
> those are 32k+20b, which is an odd size.  What does the taper logfile
> look like when you run 'amflush'?
>
> You can definitely delete the files manually, if you'd like.  The
> holding-disk management code tends to be conservative about deleting
> "junk" that it doesn't recognize, so I would guess that's what's going
> on here.

I did deletea these, alrady.

I understand what the failure mode is, I just have not had the
time/resources to come to a resolution on it.

The point I am making is, to the best of myy knowledge, in the past, a
failed backup set got written to the tape, and then deleted from the
dumpdisk. Once it's on the tape, leaving it on the dumpdisk, is a problem,
in that you will eventually lose availbe dumpdisk spcae that way.

programs.