Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.1 leaving files on the dumpdisk

2009-02-27 11:08:21
Subject: Re: 2.6.1 leaving files on the dumpdisk
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:04:58 -0500
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> -rw------- 1 amanda amanda 32788 2009-02-24 22:42 pbuild3.wd0f.0
>
> Shouldn't the nightly backup be deleting these files, and the parent
> directory? I am fairly certain that in the past, a failed backup did not
> result in an orphan directory on the dumpdisk.

those are 32k+20b, which is an odd size.  What does the taper logfile
look like when you run 'amflush'?

You can definitely delete the files manually, if you'd like.  The
holding-disk management code tends to be conservative about deleting
"junk" that it doesn't recognize, so I would guess that's what's going
on here.

If you'd like to get to the bottom of this, send along one of the
files as an attachment, and I'll see what I can figure out.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com