Amanda-Users

configure tests?

2009-02-16 10:38:30
Subject: configure tests?
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:26:33 -0500
I am having some problems with incorrect results with configure detecting
function prototypes on Solaris 2.5. What is happening is configure is not
detecting that these exist, when they do, and is therefore causing an
mismatched declaration to be inserted.

I have never had to look in to how configure makes these checks, but I
suppose that I need to, to contribute back the appropriate fixes.

Can anyone point me to a resource explaining how these test work?

Thanks.

programs.