Amanda-Users

No new tapes found

2009-01-25 15:10:18
Subject: No new tapes found
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:04:09 -0500
I'm using 2.6.1b2 and backing up to S3

I'm running my backups, and I originally had it set to one backup each week with 12 tapes so I could run a backup each weekday, have two sets with two extra tapes.

I decided to change the configuration to make one full backup each month, with two months saved and with a few extra tapes set it to 100 tapes.

I run amadmin daily tape and it tells me it will create a new tape

I run amflush, it goes through the 12 tapes that I currently have and tells me that there are no new tapes to use.

Do I need to delete a file or reset something?

Thanks,

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
Impari Systems, Inc.
502 Fairview Avenue