Amanda-Users

Re: members choice awards on linuxquestions.org

2009-01-09 15:18:55
Subject: Re: members choice awards on linuxquestions.org
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 15:12:31 -0500

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 09 January 2009, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
just an alert that the members choice awards are coming up on
linuxquestions.org.

The categories were posted on January 5th, and this year that
includes, for the first time, Backup Application of the Year. The
polls were posted yesterday and are closed at the moment to allow
feedback and suggestions on the entries. Voting will open soon. The
backup category includes: rsync, Amanda, Bacula, BackupPC, dump, DAR,
tar, Mondo Rescue, Time Vault, Clonezilla, Duplicity, FlyBack, and
cpio. That may or may not change before the polls are opened.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2008-linuxquestions.org-members-ch
oice-awards-83/

Please check in on it and post a vote for Amanda when it opens.
The polls are open now.

You will have to join if you are not already a member. But, it's simple
and free, and you may want to browse around a bit and see what's there
in a more general sense.

In any case, stop by and vote for Amanda.

Unforch, I can't register to vote, it will not accept an entry in the referrer box, nor accept a blank entry.

try "choogendyk" in the referrer field.

I don't get why it wouldn't work as blank, since it says "if you were referred".

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator