Amanda-Users

Re: perl errors in taper debug files

2008-12-19 14:12:18
Subject: Re: perl errors in taper debug files
From: John Hein <jhein AT timing DOT com>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:07:28 -0700
Jean-Francois Malouin wrote at 14:00 -0500 on Dec 19, 2008:
 > * Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin AT zmanda DOT com> [20081219 13:51]:
 > > On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin
 > > <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca> wrote:
 > > > for module Amanda::Types:
 > > > /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/auto/Amanda/Types/libTypes.so: cannot open
 > > > shared object file: No such file or
 > > > directory at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/DynaLoader.pm line 225.
 > >
 > > > Should I be worried? I guess this is part of the new API
 > > > and all the swig stuff which I'm totally clueless about.
 > > > Is something not quite kosher in my local perl setup?
 > >
 > > Yep.  Does that .so file exist?  Sometimes libdl gives "No such file
 > > or directory" when it can't find the *dependencies* of a shared
 > > object.  Assuming libTypes.so exists, what does 'ldd' tell you about
 > > it?  What platform is this?  Was it installed from a package or from
 > > source?
 >
 > Dustin,
 >
 > Yes, it exists: see my other post about the output of ldd.
 >
 > I think the problam might be related the having libglib dso's in
 > /opt/lib64 (installed from source) and not having this in
 > LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
 >
 > This is on Debian/Etch running 2.6.26.5-i686-64-smp.

Did the ldd you ran have a different env than amanda (i.e., did your
ldd run have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?)?

If it is just an LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue, you may want to consider
putting /opt/lib64 into your ldconfig config (/etc/ld.*conf* under
linux).

Since you're on linux, you can run 'ldd -v ...' to chase down
missing dependencies in the dependencies.