Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush not working in 2.6.0p2?

2008-12-15 15:43:02
Subject: Re: autoflush not working in 2.6.0p2?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Steven Backus <backus AT whimsy.med.utah DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:36:37 -0500
Steve, you are just crying that autoflush is not working, you post nothing that show it.
As a bug reporter, you should show us that you have a bug.

Always prove what you say?
Prove autoflush is set: what is the output of: amgetconf <conf> autoflush
Prove you have something in the holding disk (before and after a run): ls -alR /path/to/holdingdisk Do those files are amanda file? for each file: dd if=/path/to/holdingdisk/file bs=32k count=1 'amadmin <conf> find' can also show you have valid amanda image on holding disk.
Post all debug and log file if you don't know which one can be useful.

Jean-Louis

Steven Backus wrote:
Ever since upgrading from 2.5.2p1 to 2.6.0p2 my autoflush hasn't
worked.  After running amdump there's always stuff left in the
holding disks.  I've also tried amanda-2.6.0p2-20081114 without
joy.  Let me know what logs you'd like to see.

Thanks,
  Steve