Amanda-Users

Re: Backup sucessfull? - [Fwd: MonthlyDisk1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR October 22, 2008]

2008-10-23 04:44:16
Subject: Re: Backup sucessfull? - [Fwd: MonthlyDisk1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR October 22, 2008]
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:40:32 +0200
Jens Haeuser schrieb:
gdasvr01.xxx.local sdb1 lev 0 FAILED [disk sdb1, all estimate timed out]

is this just the estimate timeout summary?

# man amanda.conf
-> etimeout
Increase the etimeout value.

>  gdasvr02.xxx.local  /media/mails/jh  lev 0  STRANGE
> What does STRANGE mean?

"Strange" means that something happend during the backup, you should notice. E. g. a file changed during the read, or like in your case "Cannot stat: No such file or directory", the file is gone before it could be backuped.

How can i turn off the estimate?! Is it bad to turn it off?

I think you can't. The entry in the manpage doesn't says anything about
disabling.

What does gtar mean with:
Warning: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
> Why should the file or directory not be there anymore?

The file was there during the estimation, but not when the backup was done. This often happens here on the mail files, because sometimes users delete mails during backup runs.

All in all if i look at the backup summary, it seems to be "ok" except /dev/sdb1 which failed?!

Have you successfully run
# amcheck {Setname}
before your backup? If not, what kind of problems were reported?

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost