Amanda-Users

Re: Logs and reporting

2008-09-29 09:40:27
Subject: Re: Logs and reporting
From: Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:35:08 +0100
Hi Dustin,

I've run amdump several times and but there is nothing on the console.
The log files are not created either.

amanda@backupserver:/etc/amanda$ /usr/sbin/amcheck fullback
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/tmp/amanda: 16102596 kB disk space available, using 1024000 kB as requested
read label `FULLBACK-01', date `20080919'
cannot overwrite active tape FULLBACK-01
      (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: conf info dir /var/lib/amanda/fullback/curinfo does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/fullback/index/localhost does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.525 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: Usage of fully qualified hostname recommended for Client localhost.
WARNING: Usage of fully qualified hostname recommended for Client localhost.
WARNING: Usage of fully qualified hostname recommended for Client localhost.
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.014 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.2)
amanda@backupserver:/etc/amanda$

Any thing I can do to get more debug info.

Thanks
Prashant

Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Prashant Ramhit