Amanda-Users

Re: dumpcycle

2008-09-23 18:11:19
Subject: Re: dumpcycle
From: Richard Stockton <amanda AT richardleestockton DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:28:07 -0700
At 02:01 PM 9/23/2008, jl wrote:
Basically it is the time between level 0 backups.
For amanda, it is thought of as a "maximum time" between level 0's.

But again, basically dumpcycle is nominally the maximum time
between level 0 dumps of a DLE.  You can set it globally and
on a DLE by DLE basis.

So that would seem to imply that if I never wanted incremental
dumps, that is, I always want a full dump, I should be able to
set dumpcycle to 0.  This doesn't appear to work, at least it
doesn't work if the tape fails and the holding disk is used.

How do I force a full dump under ALL circumstances?
(I do have my disklist set to "always-full").

TIA.
 - Richard