Amanda-Users

Re: Changer policy

2008-08-21 09:36:30
Subject: Re: Changer policy
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Olivier Nicole" <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:26:31 -0400
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th> wrote:
> Does it exist a changer that allow the manual change of a caroussel,
> so I don't have to redesign everything from scratch? (I mean the
> Amanda phylosophy, not the exact way to load/eject a caroussel or
> mout/unmout a disk).

I *think* that chg-manual will do what you want, perhaps with a little
bit of tweaking to recognize when vtapes are on the same disk.

This is a fairly common use-case, so if you're working against 2.6.0,
I'm sure a lot of other people would like to see your solution.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com