Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6 upgrade file locations

2008-08-11 09:35:10
Subject: Re: 2.6 upgrade file locations
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:26:00 -0400
On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 10:27:30AM -0400, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> > But 2.6 seems to be installing things in /opt/amanda/lib/amanda
> > Tjis is resulting in things like it looking for the config file (which is
> > installed in /opt/amanda/etc/DailyDump) in /opt/amanda/etc/amanda/DailyDump
>
> We did move some things around, mainly because we added a number of
> libraries and other new files that really didn't belong in
> $prefix/lib.
>
> However, the change to the config dir comes as a surprise to me.  Can
> you verify that
>   amgetconf build.CONFIG_DIR
> gives /opt/amanda/etc/amanda?

OK, I re ran configure this morning, and just specifed:

--prefix=/opt/amanda2

And the installation winds up looking like:

root@plabws1:/opt/amanda2# dus
8       include
5160    lib
1980    libexec
1516    sbin
1100    share
196     var
root@plabws1:/opt/amanda2# du
1516    ./sbin
5156    ./lib/amanda
5160    ./lib
24      ./libexec/amanda/application
1976    ./libexec/amanda
1980    ./libexec
68      ./share/man/man5

Since I install each application in /opt/{APP_NAME}, I'd prefer not to have
the 2n'r "amanda" levels. In the past I used dirctives like:

--sbindir=/opt/amanda/sbin

Will doing this still work? If so, what all do I need to specif? In the
past it was:

--sbindir=/opt/amanda/sbin \
--libexecdir=/opt/amanda/libexec \
--libdir=/opt/amanda/lib \
--with-configdir=/opt/amanda/etc \
--with-gnutar-listdir=/opt/amanda/var/gnutar-lists \
--mandir=/opt/amanda/man  \

Thanks for the help.
programs.