Amanda-Users

amadmin daily tape question

2008-08-04 11:43:54
Subject: amadmin daily tape question
From: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:36:10 -0400
I have a tape library that had 36 slots. I was using slots 1-28 for my daily
run.

When tapecycle was equal to 28 tapes, I got the following:

        zorn->[44] > amadmin daily tape
        The next Amanda run should go onto tape D00006 or a new tape.
                                   tape D00007 or a new tape.
                                   tape D00008 or a new tape.
                                   tape D00009 or a new tape.

I have decided to add two new tapes to slot 29 & 30. I changed tapecycle
from 28 tapes to 30 tapes. My runtapes is still equal to 4.

Now when I run now "amadmin daily tape" I get

        host->[42] > amadmin daily tape
        The next Amanda run should go onto 4 new tapes.
        The next 2 new tapes already labeled are: D00030, D00029.

QUESTION: Is this going to require that I have 4 new tapes? Why do I not get
some of my older tapes listed when I changed to 30?

Thanks

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067