Amanda-Users

Re: directory locations and dumpuser after new install of amanda 2.6.0p1

2008-07-26 10:47:54
Subject: Re: directory locations and dumpuser after new install of amanda 2.6.0p1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Doyle Collings" <dcollings AT loganutah DOT org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:33:04 -0400
On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Doyle Collings <dcollings AT loganutah DOT
org> wrote:
> I have decided to clean out my old installations of Amanda 2.46, 2.6.0p1 rpm,
> and 2.6.0p1 from source and start fresh.  I noticed that the defaults of the
> install from source do not match the rpm from zmanda.  For example, The link
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda_packages_from_Zmanda_downloads_page
> states that the Amanda commands are in /usr/sbin.  Installing from source
> puts them in /usr/local/sbin.  It appears that installing from source still
> puts the amanda user as the default dumpuser and not amandabackup.  Bottom
> line, I want my install from source directories and default user to matchup
> with intended direction of present and future packages.  I would use the RPM
> provided but I want to configure my installation configure
> --with-maxtapeblocksize=N.  I also am running the 64 bit version of SLES
> 10SP1 and want to compile with the 64 bit code.

Your best bet may be to take the source RPM and tweak the .spec file
tp specify  your --with-maxtapeblocksize, then build your own RPM.

FWIW, we're getting rid of --with-maxtapeblocksize in Amanda-2.6.1.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com