Amanda-Users

directory locations and dumpuser after new install of amanda 2.6.0p1

2008-07-26 03:09:56
Subject: directory locations and dumpuser after new install of amanda 2.6.0p1
From: "Doyle Collings" <dcollings AT loganutah DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 00:43:38 -0600
I have decided to clean out my old installations of Amanda 2.46, 2.6.0p1 rpm,
and 2.6.0p1 from source and start fresh.  I noticed that the defaults of the
install from source do not match the rpm from zmanda.  For example, The link
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda_packages_from_Zmanda_downloads_page
states that the Amanda commands are in /usr/sbin.  Installing from source puts
them in /usr/local/sbin.  It appears that installing from source still puts the
amanda user as the default dumpuser and not amandabackup.  Bottom line, I want
my install from source directories and default user to matchup with intended
direction of present and future packages.  I would use the RPM provided but I
want to configure my installation configure --with-maxtapeblocksize=N.  I also
am running the 64 bit version of SLES 10SP1 and want to compile with the 64 bit
code.