Amanda-Users

Re: tar vs. dump for / backup?

2008-07-15 15:48:48
Subject: Re: tar vs. dump for / backup?
From: "johns AT msli DOT com" <johns AT msli DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:27:03 -0700
On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 15:04 -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Yes, dump is for ext2/3, it can't backup a reiserfs filesystem, you must
> use GNUTAR for reiserfs.

Great.  Thank you, everyone.
One person suggested I could use dump and avoid the error by changing
the estimate type (in amanda.conf), but I think I'll just avoid dump
since I use reiserfs everywhere.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attachment hereto
may contain confidential information of Meyer Sound Laboratories, Incorporated
and is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient), you have received this
message in error and any review, distribution, or copying of this message or
any attachment hereto is prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please promptly notify the sender and permanently delete it from your
computer.