Amanda-Users

Re: IO Errors backing up to new LTO3

2008-06-30 20:33:59
Subject: Re: IO Errors backing up to new LTO3
From: "Andrew Best" <festivus AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:25:19 +1000
2008/6/17 Andrew Best <festivus AT gmail DOT com>:
2008/6/16 Andrew Best <festivus AT gmail DOT com>:

I have done a lot of testing to try and isolate the fault and i've satisfied myself that the problem is not with the SCSI subsystem (though i'm prepared to be told im wrong).

Looks like I may have to eat humble pie. I was possibly wrong on the no SCSI problems.
Reran the dump this morning after a power cycle on the host. It failed with the usual error. Found the following in dmesg:

Pending list:
  3 SCB_CONTROL[0x40] SCB_SCSIID[0x57] SCB_LUN[0x0]
Kernel Free SCB list: 1 0
Untagged Q(5): 3

We appear to have resolved this problem by replacing the LTO3 drive. Vendor sent us a replacement which we installed. Backups running like a dream ever since.

--
There is no gravity the world sucks.
- William Gibson - Pattern Recognition