Amanda-Users

Another brief "does anyone use this?" poll: tape-{aix,uware,xenix}

2008-06-27 16:19:01
Subject: Another brief "does anyone use this?" poll: tape-{aix,uware,xenix}
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:06:35 -0400
The old tapeio layer supported UWARE, XENIX, and AIX tape interfaces
in addition to modern POSIX tape.  The Device API also supports these
tape devices, but we don't have any capacity to test the
implementation at this point.  Based on some googling, recent versions
of AIX and HP/UX have POSIX support, and Xenix is basically gone at
this point.  I assume UnixWare supports the POSIX standard.

Does anyone out there intend to install the Amanda server, version
2.6.0 or higher, on hardware that does not support the POSIX tape
interface?  If not, I'd like to trim the fat..

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com