Amanda-Users

Re: lots of log files

2008-06-20 15:33:03
Subject: Re: lots of log files
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>, Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:27:48 -0700
Ah, I see what is going on.  For all the log files I have, I was
wondering how even so many 1-4K files were adding up to 84G.  So, I ran
an ls piped to sort and it turns out that the size of this directory
lies essentially all in one file, "amdump.73" written on Apr 22.  84G!
A quick look inside reports that likely 99% of it is this message over
and over again

        driver: result time 35026.575 from dumper0: NO-ROOM 00-00016 0

Not sure what went so awry with this run.  It is likely back from when
Dustin was working with me on upgrading to 2.6.0 and making things work
with a Mac laptop.  Even then it is hard to imagine 84G of this.  Let's
just say it has a LOT of lines.  Could I go in and delete 98% of
these lines?

Paul