Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.2p1 under StrongBolt/CentOS on Cobalt Raq-4i - dump errors etc.

2008-06-13 09:08:40
Subject: Re: 2.5.2p1 under StrongBolt/CentOS on Cobalt Raq-4i - dump errors etc.
From: "Craig Dewick" <craig.dewick AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jean-Louis Martineau" <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:02:16 +1000
I've just had a bit more of a fiddle, and even with the xinetd conf mods specified in the Amanda installation docs for machines running the client-side, 'amcheck' on the tape server hose wasn't getting access to the disk devices via amandad on the Cobalt server...

The disk devices (/dev/hda1, etc.) are owned by group 'disk' and not 'sys'. I haven't changed the xinet.conf or amanda software config, but what I've just tried is adding the 'amanda' user to group 'disk' in /etc/group on the Cobalt server ('amanda' was already in group 'sys') and that worked. Now 'amcheck' running on the tape server hose (my Sun Ultra 2 system runing Solaris 9) has been able to check the disk devices on the Cobalt without a problem. I've left 'amanda' in group 'sys' as well as that's what the main Amanda config is set up to use.

Craig.

--
Craig Dewick (craig AT lios.apana.org DOT au). http://lios.apana.org.au/~craig
RailZone Australia: http://www.railzone.org (craigd AT railzone DOT org)