Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.2p1 under StrongBolt/CentOS on Cobalt Raq-4i - dump errors etc.

2008-06-13 08:13:00
Subject: Re: 2.5.2p1 under StrongBolt/CentOS on Cobalt Raq-4i - dump errors etc.
From: "Craig Dewick" <craig.dewick AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jean-Louis Martineau" <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:06:42 +1000

2008/6/13 Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>:
Craig Dewick wrote:
ERROR: ziri: [could not access /dev/hda6 (/dev/hda6): Permission denied]
ERROR: ziri: [could not access /dev/hda2 (/dev/hda2): Permission denied]
ERROR: ziri: [could not access /dev/hda1 (/dev/hda1): Permission denied]

which is rather strange as I've already made sure, as far as I'm aware, that the disk devices are in the same group (sys) as the 'amanda' user (and 'amanda' is included in group 'sys' in the /etc/group file on the Cobalt machine).

Do the amandad process is executed with the 'sys' group? What's the xinetd config? do you have 'groups = yes'

Ah that could be it - didn't even think of checking the xinetd config file. 8-) No it doesn't currently have a 'groups = yes' directive. Thanks I'll try that and see if tonight's backup run works. Doh I see the Amanda documentation mentions this but for some reason it didn't register when I set up Amanda under the new OS on the server. My bad!

Craig.

--
Craig Dewick (craig AT lios.apana.org DOT au). http://lios.apana.org.au/~craig
RailZone Australia: http://www.railzone.org (craigd AT railzone DOT org)