Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Need help setting up Amanda on Sles10

2008-05-22 03:52:48
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Need help setting up Amanda on Sles10
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:47:12 +0200
On 2008-05-21 15:25, bperrotta wrote:
When Installing go message couldn't create Amanda user. Using root user instead. Manually created Amanda user later on but don't know which groups to add it to. Got errors saying home directory was not created had other trouble with user rights. No sure what to do at this point help appreciated , used the suse sles10 rpm and the guide to install in less time than ordering a Pizza Then came the errors. Not a Linux guru this is mostly trial and error.
trying to backup to a travan drive, a Novell oes Data volume directly to the
usb travan drive on the server, which is already detected by Yast.
Using Amanda because of budget constaits in buying a commercial product.
directions hard to understand lost at this point.
Help appreciated,

The wiki is a great source of help:

Start here:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start

Then ask more detailed questions on the list if anything is unclear.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *