Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover and ssh could not resolve hostname

2008-03-29 18:35:14
Subject: Re: amrecover and ssh could not resolve hostname
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Oscar Ricardo Silva" <osilva AT scuff.cc.utexas DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:30:44 -0400
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Oscar Ricardo Silva
<osilva AT scuff.cc.utexas DOT edu> wrote:
>  Son of a .... (kicking self) ... I think I figured out the problem.  It was a
>  combination of two things.  I ran tcpdump on the client to see what it was
> doing
>  and saw a bunch of AAAA queries.  Considering we're not running IPv6 I
> thought
>  it curious those queries were being made.  I decided to recompile amanda
> without
>  IPv6 support and then I got a different error, this time something about
>  Permission Denied, blah, blah, blah.  That's when I realized I had added the
>  client's key incorrectly to the server's  authorized_keys file.  It wasn't
> the
>  key issue alone but recompiling seem to have fixed the problem.

Sigh.  Amanda's IPv6 support has gotten us the same thing most IPv6
early adopters have gotten: trouble :(

Anyway, thanks to your speaking up there's a patch in process to make
the original message more informative:

WARNING: snarsblat: selfcheck request failed: ssh_security could not
find canonical name for 'snarsblat': Name or service not known

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com