Amanda-Users

how to delete old backup files on no-reuse tapes

2008-03-31 06:18:56
Subject: how to delete old backup files on no-reuse tapes
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

I have kept 3 months tapes on my amanda server which are January, February
and March. January and February tapes was made no-reuse. My tape server is
running out of space now. For temporary while waiting for new additional
hard drive I have to delete an old backup on January tapes first. May I know
how to delete those old backup files properly? How do I delete data from
01/01/2008 - 14/01/2008 in order to avoid missing data during recover
process? Please advice. Thanks.