Amanda-Users

Tape Open, Input/Output Error

2008-03-21 10:04:45
Subject: Tape Open, Input/Output Error
From: Tom Herrera <therrera AT nvisia DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:57:28 -0700 (PDT)
I'm still pretty new to Linux and Amanda.  I'm receiving the following error
during amcheck:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
WARNING: holding disk /opt/amanda: only 15564476 KB free, using nothing
ERROR: /dev/nst0: tape_rdlabel: tape open: /dev/nst0: Input/output error
       (expecting tape Daily-002 or a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.648 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 16.401 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)

Recommendations on best way to proceed?  Thanx in advance.