Amanda-Users

Strange problem after switching to NIS

2008-03-10 23:33:56
Subject: Strange problem after switching to NIS
From: Tong Wang <tong AT hsa.com DOT au>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:34:14 +1100
Hi everyone, :)

I've had this strange problem since yesterday when I moved the amanda user from local account to a NIS server.

The original setup was to have the amanda user account locally on the server and clients, and it's been working ok. When later I removed all local amanda accounts and add it to a NIS master server, I can id the amanda user from all other servers in the NIS domain, which means the user account is setup properly. The problem is for one solaris server, amcheck returns a "selfcheck request timed out. Host down?" error, other servers are fine. I've tried to add the amanda user to different user groups, thinking maybe it's the permission issue, but haven't been able to solve the problem.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, could you shed some light on me pls?

Thanks

Tong

p.s all servers are running FreeBSD, the amanda server is FreeBSD5.4Release, the other client is also on FreeBSD5.4Release. The client that's having the error message is a Solaris5.10