Amanda-Users

Tape Spanning DLE question

2008-03-10 11:31:32
Subject: Tape Spanning DLE question
From: Jordan Desroches <jordan.d.desroches AT Dartmouth DOT EDU>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:15:51 -0400
Hi all :-)

I'm having a hard time finding the answer to this question by searching around. I have a DLE which is 1TB in size. My server has .8 TB of holding disk, and each of my tapes is .4 TB native.

Can AMANDA span a single DLE that is larger than a tape across tapes?

AMANDA cannot put the 1TB DLE on holding disk. Is it possible to inform AMANDA that (if AMANDA can span one DLE across tapes), AMANDA can begin putting this 1TB DLE on holding disk as it is available, and feed out the other side to tape?

Thanks :-)

Jordan