Amanda-Users

Re: Define what holding disk to use?

2008-03-06 19:12:26
Subject: Re: Define what holding disk to use?
From: "Aaron J. Grier" <agrier AT poofygoof DOT com>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:05:25 -0800
On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 08:29:03AM -0500, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> My own preference is to configure the system with separate drives for
> holding disk. There is no reason for them to be raid.

all backup data passes through the holding disk: doesn't it follow that
the holding disk should be as reliable as possible?  and doesn't that
imply at least a mirrored holding disk?  MTBF may be lowered, but
failure of a single holding disk will not affect backups.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier AT poofygoof DOT com