Amanda-Users

Re: can amanda trigger a script?

2008-03-04 06:57:23
Subject: Re: can amanda trigger a script?
From: zuki <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: Heiko Schlittermann <hs AT schlittermann DOT de>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:47:06 +0800
Sorry if my explanation was not clear. The script is on client. What I want is whenever server start triggering amdump, it will "ask" client to run the script first. Client will do the export thing not server. Once finished, amdump will continue immediately. Can Amanda do that?

Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com> (Di 04 Mär 2008 10:26:17 CET):
Hi Marc/all,

U have gave me this script to export database to other directory. http://marc-muehlfeld.de/scripts/mybackup.sh

If I use this script on cronjob to export databases, Amanda does not know
when will it finishes. Manual way, If let say this script finish exported
databases at 3am. Then I have to run "amdump DailySet1" (cronjob) at 3.30am
for instance. So, I always have to check and monitor when the script finish
export databases and the time depends on the size of databases. I have to
change time setting on cronjob as well. Can Amanda trigger that script so
that after exporting databases it will run "amdump DailySet1" automatically?

Just run the script in the same cron command:

    0 3 * * * mybackup.sh; amdump DailySet1

or if the result of mybackup.sh is critical:

    0 3 * * * mybackup.sh && amdump DailySet1

(Supposed that the script will not trigger some background jobs and exit
before they're finished.)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann