Amanda-Users

Re: can amanda trigger a script?

2008-03-04 05:25:33
Subject: Re: can amanda trigger a script?
From: Heiko Schlittermann <hs AT schlittermann DOT de>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:37:10 +0100
fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com> (Di 04 Mär 2008 10:26:17 CET):

> Hi Marc/all,
>
> U have gave me this script to export database to other directory.
> http://marc-muehlfeld.de/scripts/mybackup.sh
>
> If I use this script on cronjob to export databases, Amanda does not know
> when will it finishes. Manual way, If let say this script finish exported
> databases at 3am. Then I have to run "amdump DailySet1" (cronjob) at 3.30am
> for instance. So, I always have to check and monitor when the script finish
> export databases and the time depends on the size of databases. I have to
> change time setting on cronjob as well. Can Amanda trigger that script so
> that after exporting databases it will run "amdump DailySet1" automatically?

Just run the script in the same cron command:

    0 3 * * * mybackup.sh; amdump DailySet1

or if the result of mybackup.sh is critical:

    0 3 * * * mybackup.sh && amdump DailySet1

(Supposed that the script will not trigger some background jobs and exit
before they're finished.)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -