Amanda-Users

Re: HP Surestore Library

2008-01-16 10:55:10
Subject: Re: HP Surestore Library
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:49:39 +0100
Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:

> Called HP this morning, they gave me a pw after reading date and time to
> them ... this switched off the admin-pw.
>
> Now I can proceed with getting this thing working.

To make more use of this off-topic thread:

I can't access the Remote Management Card of that library via browser.
It pulls an IP via DHCP fine, then when I browse that IP it gives me:
"You will need ..... Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher ...."

So I fired up my XP-VM, used IE, doesn't work, some java.class missing
(TopJuice, Google doesn't know it ...).

Used Opera in XP, set it up to announce itself as IE, I get "Applet not
found".

I only get the "HP Tape Library Report Summary", a static html-page.

--

I would really like to use that RMC to be able to upgrade the firmware
on that box.

Using the LTT-tool is difficult, because HP only provides binaries for
operating systems I don't have here on my host (Windows, Suse 7, ....).

Any tip on how to make that webpages display?

Thanks a lot, Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
amanda core team member