Amanda-Users

Re: missing size line from sendbackup and PARTIAL

2008-01-14 12:23:39
Subject: Re: missing size line from sendbackup and PARTIAL
From: "O'Brien MJ" <mobrien AT sgul.ac DOT uk>
To: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:16:17 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Paul

I fought with a similar problem for months when trying to get an amanda
client running on an unslung NSLU2 box (I already had one box up and
running). The infuriating thing was the dump appearing on the server
spool area then being deleted when the size line wasn't found.

Server and client were 2.5.0p2 (settled on after the struggle to setup
the first NSLU2 box).

Finally in desperation altered the client to 2.5.2pl which then worked
with client using it's native dump but not gnu tar!

Still no idea why it didn't or why it now appears to (trying not to
tempt fate here).

Good luck

Marc O'Brien