Amanda-Users

Perlish tarballs available

2008-01-04 11:28:11
Subject: Perlish tarballs available
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:14:56 -0500
As was discussed a few months ago, Amanda's going to Perl.  That means
that we're building Perl interfaces to the Amanda core, and beginning
to rewrite Amanda applications in Perl.

This will be a part of the next release, which is coming up soon.  Of
course, it's a big change, so we need some serious help testing it
out.  To that end, we have a tarball available on the community builds
page:
  http://www.zmanda.com/community-builds.php

Please download the patch and test it out.  Detailed instructions are at
 http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Testing
Please let us know about any errors you encounter.

If you're a Perl hacker, please also take a look at
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Perl_Interface
and consider chipping in.

Dustin

--