Amanda-Users

Re: Asking for new tapes when an old tape should be available

2007-12-28 12:34:12
Subject: Re: Asking for new tapes when an old tape should be available
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: brandon.saunders AT bcsengineering DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:26:55 +0100
On 2007-12-28 18:15, brandon.saunders AT bcsengineering DOT com wrote:
I got into a situation where I missed tape changes for a few days, so my backups we put to the holding disk. In the process of dumping the data I inadvertently dumped two days to the same tape when messed up my tape pattern. To fix that I decided to mark the corresponding unneed tape (107) as no-reuse. After that Amanda insists on having a new tape, instead of the next one in line (108). I have reset 107 to be reusable, but amanda wont go back and reuse it now either.

Amanda insists on not overwriting the last "tapecycle" of tapes.
You are allowed to have more tapes in the cycle than the tapecycle parameter,
so just lower the that parameter in the amanda.conf

I have the amanda.conf tapecycle set to 20, but there are 30 real
tapes in the cycle.  That way amanda always accepts one of the oldest
10 tapes.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *