Amanda-Users

Re: file changed as we read it

2007-12-21 11:39:34
Subject: Re: file changed as we read it
From: ghe <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:29:34 -0700

On Dec 21, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:

Charles Curley wrote:

An excludes file.

I got the sense that he wanted to back them up.

Yes, I do.

I get around that problem by using snapshots. But I'm on Solaris 9, where I have fssnap and a wrapper so that when Amanda calls ufsdump it ends up doing a snapshot and backing up the snapshot.

That'll do it. AFAIK, the snapshots concept doesn't exist on Linux. But since I'm running amdump from a shell script already, I can do it myself: ssh over and cp -r the directory, then back up the clone (I'm assuming cp isn't as picky as tar).

Thanks for the replies, both of you.

--
Glenn English
ghe AT slsware DOT com