Amanda-Users

Encryption with Amanda

2007-12-17 14:20:29
Subject: Encryption with Amanda
From: "Paul Crittenden" <paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:16:12 -0600

I have amanda installed and working but now I am trying to set up encryption. I am using v2.5.2p1 on a Sun server running Solaris 9. I have followed the instructions from the URL:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_up_data_encryption

Everything installed fine but when I try to do:

head -c 2925 /dev/random | uuencode -m - | head -n 66 | tail -n 65 | \
gpg --symmetric -a > ~amanda/.gnupg/am_key.gpg

which was taken from the aespipe-README, it fails.

Solaris’s head command will not accept the –c, uuencode will not accept –m and the tail command complains it needs a file name.

Has anyone else gotten this to work or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College

Phone: 515-961-1680,

Email: paul.crittenden AT simpson DOT edu