Amanda-Users

amanda not using smbclient for samba clients?

2007-11-28 01:49:09
Subject: amanda not using smbclient for samba clients?
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:41:48 -0600
I've been through the docs a bunch of times to try to figure out what
exactly I'm doing wrong but either I'm not doing anything wrong
(unlikely) or there's something I keep thinking is right but isn't (more
likely).  When I run a check on the Amanda setup, it queries the samba
client (a Mac OS X computer) but tries to communicate via Amanda ports
rather than trying to mount and check the samba share.  Here's the
output as well as disklist and amanda.conf.  I'm guessing that the
problem is the disklist but the problem is non-obvious to me.

# su - amanda -c "amcheck -c Macs"

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: coralie: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.000 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.2p1)

# tcpdump -i en0|grep 192.168.0.32
23:29:59.871691 IP 192.168.0.32.919 > 192.168.0.61.amanda: UDP, length: 125
23:29:59.871738 IP 192.168.0.61 > 192.168.0.32: icmp 36: 192.168.0.61
udp port amanda unreachable
23:30:09.870724 IP 192.168.0.32.919 > 192.168.0.61.amanda: UDP, length: 125
23:30:09.870788 IP 192.168.0.61 > 192.168.0.32: icmp 36: 192.168.0.61
udp port amanda unreachable
23:30:19.870655 IP 192.168.0.32.919 > 192.168.0.61.amanda: UDP, length: 125
23:30:19.870731 IP 192.168.0.61 > 192.168.0.32: icmp 36: 192.168.0.61
udp port amanda unreachable

# disklist
# Design Resources Mac
coralie //coralie/design_resources_archive/     tar-comp-srvbest-ne
coralie //coralie/design_resources/             tar-comp-srvbest-ne

# amanda.conf
org      "Macs" # your organization name for reports
mailto   "amanda danb AT zu DOT com"   # space separated list of operators at
your site
dumpuser "amanda"       # the user to run dumps under

inparallel 16           # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel (max 63)
                        # this maximum can be increased at compile-time,
                        # modifying MAX_DUMPERS in server-src/driverio.h
dumporder "sssSsssStttTbbbB"    # specify the priority order of each dumper
                        #   s -> smallest size
                        #   S -> biggest size
                        #   t -> smallest time
                        #   T -> biggest time
                        #   b -> smallest bandwitdh
                        #   B -> biggest bandwitdh
                        # try "BTBTBTBTBTBT" if you are not holding
                        # disk constrained

taperalgo first         # The algorithm used to choose which dump image
to send
                        # to the taper.+

                        # Possible values:
                        # [first|firstfit|largest|largestfit|smallest|last]
                        # Default: first.
                        # first         First in - first out.
                        # firstfit      The first dump image that will fit
                        #               on the current tape.
                        # largest       The largest dump image.
                        # largestfit    The largest dump image that will fit
                        #               on the current tape.
                        # smallest      The smallest dump image.
                        # last          Last in - first out.

displayunit "m"         # Possible values: "k|m|g|t"
                        # Default: k.
                        # The unit used to print many numbers.
                        # k=kilo, m=mega, g=giga, t=tera

netusage  10000 Kbps    # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec

dumpcycle 4 weeks       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 30         # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
                        # (4 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just
weekdays)
tapecycle 10 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation
                        # 4 weeks (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week (just
                        # the weekdays) plus a few to handle errors that
                        # need amflush and so we do not overwrite the full
                        # backups performed at the beginning of the previous
                        # cycle

bumpsize 20 Mb          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumppercent 20          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1              # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4              # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)

etimeout 300            # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
dtimeout 1800           # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.
ctimeout 30             # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
                        # for each client host

tapebufs 256            # A positive integer telling taper how many
                        # 32k buffers to allocate.  The default is 20
usetimestamps yes

runtapes 1                      # number of tapes to be used in a single
run of amdump
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
rawtapedev "/dev/null"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)

maxdumpsize -1                  # Maximum number of bytes the planner
tapetype LTO3-400               # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes
below)
labelstr "^Macs-[0-9][0-9][0-9]*$"      # label constraint regex: all
tapes must match

amrecover_do_fsf yes            # amrecover will call amrestore with the
                                # -f flag for faster positioning of the
                                # tape.
amrecover_check_label yes       # amrecover will call amrestore with the
                                # -l flag to check the label.
amrecover_changer "/dev/null"   # amrecover will use the changer if you

holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main Mac holding disk (1.3TB)"
    directory "/dumps/holding-mac"      # where the holding disk is
    use -100 Mb                 # how much space can we use on it
    chunksize 2Gb
    }

reserve 30 # percent

autoflush no #

infofile "/etc/amanda/Macs/curinfo"     # database DIRECTORY
logdir   "/etc/amanda/Macs"             # log directory
indexdir "/etc/amanda/Macs/index"               # index directory
tapelist "/etc/amanda/Macs/tapelist"    # list of used tapes

define tapetype LTO3-400 {
    comment "Dell PV124T LTO3 "
    length 402432 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 71189 kps
}

define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"
    index yes
    estimate client
    holdingdisk required
    record yes
    fallback_splitsize 64m
    auth "bsdtcp"
    maxdumps 2
}

define dumptype tar-comp-srvbest-ne {
    comment "gnutar with best server compression"
    program "GNUTAR"
    compress server best
    estimate server
}