Amanda-Users

Re: Trying to backup to disk, getting "dump to tape failed, will try again"

2007-11-27 12:31:34
Subject: Re: Trying to backup to disk, getting "dump to tape failed, will try again"
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:23:52 +0100
Jennifer Luisi schrieb:
> I think I'm getting closer to the problem.  There seems to be a
> connection issue between my server and client.  If anyone has any input,
> I'd appreciate it.  I've got iptables on my client set up to accept port
> 10080 connections from my server, and it's obviously talking a bit since
> I have logs on my client.  So...?

That's important information, having a fw in between ...

Amanda needs more ports than only 10080.

Maybe this helps:

http://www.amanda.org/docs/faq.html#id347232
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_Up_iptables_for_Amanda

For a start you could simply try to dump a DLE on the server itself,
this would let you know if your basic vtape-setup/server-setup works,
after that solve the fw-issues.

Stefan