Amanda-Users

Network backups.

2007-11-19 15:48:24
Subject: Network backups.
From: Chris Kottaridis <chriskot AT quietwind DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:47:52 -0700
I want to remotely backup a machine and I want the data to have some
sort of encryption while it is going across the net between the client
and server. I don't want to store the data encrypted on the tape or on
the server's holding disk. I just want to make sure data doesn't go
across the net in the clear.

Does amanda encrypt the data at all when it sends the dump from the
client to the host ?

IS there a mechanism, possibly in conjunctions with ssh that will allow
me to encrypt the data while in transit ?

I am running amanda 2.5.0p2 according to amcheck

Thanks

    Chris Kottaridis    (chriskot AT quietwind DOT net)