Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda port range

2007-11-15 04:47:56
Subject: Re: Amanda port range
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:41:46 +0100
AN@S schrieb:
I installed Amanda on gentoo with "emerge amanda", and didn't compile it
manually. My question is how can I now specify a port range for Amanda to
use? Where should I tell Amanda to use that port range?

There were amanda.conf options for this ports since 2.5-something (i think 2.5.1, but im unsure), too.

If you need the portranges for firewall purposes, then the easiest way is to use the iptables nf_conntrack_amanda module. Then you just configure a

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD --match state --state NEW --in-interface $LAN_DEV --source $BAK_SERV --destination 0/0 --protocol udp --sport 1024: --dport 10080 --jump ACCEPT

rule for forwarding. You don't have to take care about the different ranges. Connection tracking is doing the dirty work for you.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost