Amanda-Users

Amanda port range

2007-11-15 04:00:26
Subject: Amanda port range
From: "AN@S" <anas.marrawi AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:51:32 +0200
Hello,
I need to specify a port range for Amanda to use, in the following article they state:
" The random ports can be addressed in multiple ways. Beginning with Amanda version 2.4.2, a compile option, --with-portrange=xxx,yyy, directs Amanda to use the given port ranges to connect clients and servers."
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7422

I installed Amanda on gentoo with "emerge amanda", and didn't compile it manually. My question is how can I now specify a port range for Amanda to use? Where should I tell Amanda to use that port range?

Thanks in advance.

--
Anas Marrawi
Visit me at: www.anasonline.net