Amanda-Users

dump hangs at getting estimates

2007-11-14 03:32:20
Subject: dump hangs at getting estimates
From: "Mark Scheufele" <mark.scheufele AT diasemi DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:22:13 +0100
Hi amanda users,

I am currently having the problem that yesterday's dump is hanging at
the stage of getting estimates.

[amanda@nessie:/opt/amanda]#amstatus Weekly --gestimate
Using /opt/amanda/etc/Weekly/log/amdump from Tue Nov 13 19:00:02 GMT
2007

nessie.diasemi.com:/cad                  getting estimate
nessie.diasemi.com:/design               getting estimate
nessie.diasemi.com:/it                   getting estimate
nessie.diasemi.com:/projects             getting estimate
nessie.diasemi.com:/users                getting estimate

But I can't see any calcsize process running.

In the amandad logfile one can see the following error

OPTIONS features=ffffffff9ffeffffffff00;

amandad: time 0.127: dgram_send_addr(addr=30ca0, dgram=ff2da29c)
amandad: time 0.127: (sockaddr_in *)30ca0 = { 2, 741, 10.6.17.110 }
amandad: time 0.127: dgram_send_addr: ff2da29c->socket = 0
amandad: time 21600.208: /opt/amanda/libexec/sendsize timed out waiting
for REP data
amandad: time 21600.208: sending NAK pkt:
<<<<<
ERROR timeout on reply pipe

Does this mean that I did run in a timeout issue? The timeout values
defined in amanda.conf did work ok for me until now.

etimeout 7200           # number of seconds per filesystem for
estimates.
dtimeout 43200          # number of idle seconds before a dump is
aborted.
ctimeout 30             # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
                        # for each client host

It would be great if someone could give me a hint what the cause of the
problem might be.

Thanks,

mark
Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is
confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally
privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.