Amanda-Users

Re: Some noop questions (RAID with Amanda)

2007-11-11 07:07:32
Subject: Re: Some noop questions (RAID with Amanda)
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:57:41 +0100 (CET)
AN@S schrieb:
> 1- I have a RAID1 array (mirroring) which have the system (gentoo) with
> Amanda installed, and a RAID 5 array for storage. Right now backups are
> stored on the same RAID1 of the system, I need the backups to be stored on
>  the RAID5 array, my question is: What files and folders need to be moved
> to the RAID 5 array so I can guarantee that all storage are done on the
> RAID 5 array.

Create a mountpoint somewhere for your partition on the Raid5-Array and
mount it to that place. Then you configure the tapedev to have it's slots
at this location. Eg:

tapedev "file:/amandadisks/KDD/slots"

Make sure, amanda has write permissions on this place and set permissions
that fit your needs. Eg:

# ls -lad /amandadisks/
drwxr-x--- 5 amanda disk 128  6. Nov 19:45 /amandadisks/

> 2- When I run "amadmin daily find" I get: "could not open conf file
> "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf": No such file or directory". My
> conf file is actually located at: "/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf", how can
> I get amadmin to locate the file in the correct directory?

Use the configure option "--sysconfdir=/etc" or if you don't want to
recompile, just set up a symlink wo have a quick and dirty workaround.

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost