Amanda-Users

RE: two tape drives

2007-10-31 14:49:13
Subject: RE: two tape drives
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Krahn, Anderson" <AKrahn AT gs1us DOT org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:43:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 at 1:12pm, Krahn, Anderson wrote

That would almost be my case, except both of my config's would run off
the same tape changer. I guess I will find out tomorrow if it works.

First off, please clean up your quoting -- it's nearly impossible in your replies to figure out who said what.

Secondly, yes, this can work. I've been doing this for years. I run 2 configs on the same server. Each config has its own set of slots in the loader and its own drive. I stagger the start times by 5 minutes to try to keep them from competing for the robotics.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin