Amanda-Users

RE: dumps too big

2007-10-22 16:30:55
Subject: RE: dumps too big
From: "Krahn, Anderson" <AKrahn AT gs1us DOT org>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:25:13 -0500
Interesting these are lto 3 tapes that are 400/800gig compressed. I find
it hard to believe that it cannot store them on a tape.

Here is my definition of tapetype.

define tapetype Ultrium3-SCSI {
    comment "LTO Ultrium 3 400/800, compression on"
    length 401408 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 74343 kps
}

Also,
For example,
The status says ...
prdapp04-bkup.1sync.org:/                    0  planner: [dumps too big,
4206630 KB, but cannot incremental dump
which is 4.1g and that should easily fit on the tape..

I'm pretty sure I'm using hardware compression. The device is a exabyte
magnum 224. Also how would I specify Amanda to use tape spanning?

thanks